Chinese New Year. Time for loud noises and crowded rooms full of friends. Time for lazy days and tasty eats. Need guacamole for tacos, for dips, for sides? This is it. Takes 5 minutes to prepare and disappears in seconds. Fresh. Healthy. Packed full of omega-3s and citrus. For chips or celery. A party appetizer. A sandwich spread. A topping. A meal. For right now. For later.
When you have Chinese New Years parties to plan and fireworks to set off, this guacamole will keep you out of the kitchen and illuminating the night. Enjoy the lights.
How do you make guacamole?
- 4 avocados
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 8 grape tomatoes or 1/2 large tomato, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeño or serrano peppers diced, optional
- 4 stalks cilantro, diced, about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 large lime juiced and zested
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- a few dashes of hot sauce
- Dice onions, tomatoes, garlic, peppers, cilantro and mix together.
- Zest the lime and juice it, add to mixture.
- Add cumin, paprika, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Mash in avocados.
- Serve immediately or press plastic wrap directly onto the guacamole, covering it completely so air cannot get to it and refrigerate. This will prevent it from browning and keep it vibrant green.